Lunch before our appointment at a Yummy Italian restaurant!
Chris was so embarrassed that I made him take this picture. He didn't understand why I wanted a picture in front of the hospital. I told him I needed a picture for the blog. DUH! ;)
Tuesday Collin had his first appointment at Scottish Rites Children's Hospital in Dallas. The boys and I went down earlier in the week and stayed with my mom. Chris flew in Tuesday morning so that he could make the appointment. I was so anxious about this appointment. I didn't know what to expect but I was excited to have some of my questions answered. The appointment went well. His doctor was very nice and encouraging. After examining his hands she said that she felt like all his fingers and hand were getting sufficient blood flow at this time. Our pediatrician in M-town, Dr. Reese, had been concerned about his middle finger on his right hand. She had told me there might be a possibility they would amputate it, but our Dr. at Scottish Rite didn't think that would be necessary which was a huge sigh of relief and answer to prayer. She then discussed with us the option of some different surgeries to improve the function and appearance of both of his hands. She talked about some different options for his middle finger on his right hand as well as his index finger on his left and things that could be done on his arm as well. I felt encouraged that there were options for us to consider. She said we would look at doing these surgeries between 1 and 3 years of age. I was kinda surprised that they would do it that young. But timing is essential to catch the right time in his hands growth. So that is what we know for now, we will go back next year to have his hands looked at again and discuss our further options.
After our appointment we took a tour of the hospital which was amazing. It is such a neat place and every aspect of the hospital is made to be kid friendly. What a blessing this hospital is to so many children including Collin.
We have a lot to think about and consider.Chris and I are praying for a spirit of discernment to fall upon us as we begin to pray our way through what is right for Collin. Thankfully we have some time to do that and nothing had to be done right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment