It's hard to believe that we have been married four years. It has been a busy and ever changing four years of our lives for sure. Let's see, we have moved to College Station, then Chris quit school, we moved back to M-town into one apartment, then moved to another apartment, had Carter, then Chris decided to go back to school, we moved in with his parents, had Collin, and bought a house! Yeah, I would say we have been busy. We haven't always done things the easy way but I don't think I would change anything. I wouldn't change the hard times because they have brought us closer and our character has grown stronger. At times it seemed that life was going to rip us apart but by the grace of God we survived the storms. I thank the Lord daily that it didn't rip us apart. Oh what great joy we would be missing out on now had we backed out when things got rocky. I truly believe that God honors obedience. When you choose to obey his commands for your marriage he blesses your relationship with a new love for each other that you never knew before. It has been so awesome to watch how God has moved and restored our relationship. We might have got knocked down but we didn't get wiped out. I love Chris so much and love the life we are building together. Love is a choice not a feeling. Once I realized this it changed our whole marriage. You can choose to love someone even when you don't feel love. That is the kind of love that God call us to show in all of life's relationships. It truly is a choice. I can't wait to see what all God has in store for our future. I look forward to the next 60 years of our life together. It is so exciting and I wouldn't choose anyone else to share it with!
Happy Anniversary Honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment