April 7, 2010

House Update.....

Well we are set to close on the house on May 13th...... We have finished lots of projects and several more to go. Here is the latest progress on our house:

Not much progress to the exterior at this point, but painting and new porch railing is in the works.
We buried all the rubble of brick from the inside of the house and tore down 2 dead trees. This pictures shows where the future driveway will go.
This is the living room, all that is left is to sand the floors and paint the front door and trim.
Don't you love the wide window frames? Grandpa did a great job!
The dining room, new picture window, painted chandelier, stenciled wall.
The floors need to be stained as well as the trim for this room.
Dining room looking into Living room.
Here is a before of the chandelier, (my grandfather made this chandelier when he owned this house in 1963, I know crazy, I will tell that story another day)
The picture is kinda blurry but I painted it copper.
The kitchen is coming along, cabinets almost completed, pot rack hung, refrigerator in, I love it.
This is the playroom, the first room to be completely done (besides some touch ups). 
In the end this is what all the floors will look like!
This is Puddin's room, for right now it is the supply room.
This is Cupcake's rooms, obviously all the trim work has to be painted.
This is our bedroom, the floors are taking lots of work because they are in really bad shape. And you can see that the doors and trim need a good paint job.
This is "Mommy's room", aka the laundry/sewing room. I painted it pink of course. I love it!
This is the ceiling my very artistic cousin painted for me in the laundry/sewing room!
Here is the big bathroom. Finished the bathtub and the vanity is still a work in progress.
The vanity...
My $35 garage sale find, Nana and Grandpa sanded and painted it. Isn't it gorgeous. The vintage faucet is on its way. Now all the bathroom needs is a sink and toilet.

So we have five weeks left and everyone is working crazy to get this done. I think we are all kinda of burnt out and sick or it but in the end it will be worth it. Lots of work left, praying some how we can get this done. 

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Yeah Nat, it's really starting to come together! One month to go, it's gonna happen!!! So excited for what your life will be like by the summer!!!!!!