The week before Thanksgiving I had been feeling a little off, tired, not myself. After taking a look at the calender I realized that I was a few days late. After bible study one night I couldn't take it anymore and I went to Wal Mart to get a pregnancy test. When I got home Chris was already sleeping, so I snuck into the bathroom to take the test. Within seconds one line turned pink and then another!!!!! I woke Chris up and said "I have something to show you". He just looked at me and smiled and we both rolled over and went to sleep. We had so much going on that we decided to keep the news to ourselves for a little while. I was training for the White Rock Marathon that was quickly approaching and we didn't want to take the attention off of that.
On Christmas Eve, we wrapped up a baby doll and let Carter open it. He was less than impressed as he hollered "THIS IS A GIRL TOY!" We told him you don't have to play with it if you don't want to but we thought you might need the practice because Mommy is having a new baby!!! After he got over his anger that we would give him a baby doll, he was excited that he was going to be a big brother again!
On Christmas Morning we dressed the boys in shirts that said:
FRONT: GUESS WHAT SANTA'S BRINGING ME THIS YEAR?
BACK: A NEW BABY BROTHER OR SISTER IN AUGUST!
It was so much fun to watch all of our family try to figure out what the boys shirts said and then realize "OH YOUR PREGNANT!" Everyone was so excited and it made Christmas even more special!!
Since then I have been feeling pretty good, once I got out of the first trimester I got some energy back so I am having a really great pregnancy so far!
This past Wednesday we went to find out the gender of our newest addition and we were thrilled to find out that COMING THIS SUMMER OF 2011 is our first GIRL!!!!!!!
We couldn't be more excited, I'm sure you can tell by the big smile on my face!!!!
This is the sweet dress I bought for her, my first time to shop in the baby GIRL section, and it was so much FUN!!!! It has only just begun..... ;)
Showing quickly this time, I guess that is what happens on Baby #3!
16 weeks and feeling good!
Due August 1st


1 comment:
Congratulations!!! That is going to be one very loved little girl! And well protected too with those big brothers :)
Post a Comment