November 13, 2008

Has it really been FIVE YEARS?

I can't believe that it has been five years today since my Dad died. In one way it feels like its been forever ago and in another sense its seems like just yesterday. So much has happened in my life the past five years. I have gotten married, had a baby, another on the way. And its sad to know that he hasn't been there for any of it. As rocky as the relationship and the chaos of life's circumstances were he was still my Daddy and I was always his baby girl. His Nat-Nat. I am so thankful that I had the time I did with him before he died. Time for healing and time for laughing. Time to be a family and time to grieve. As much as I miss his positive outlook on life I would never want him back the way he was. So sad, so depressed, sooo sick. He received the ultimate healing. This day five years ago God took him home. As much peace that I have felt over his death it is still sad that he isn't here. I always think about how my kids will never know there Granddaddy. Sometimes when he is really on my heart I can hear him. He would have called Snickers Hausy or Sporty. He called all the boys that. And know matter what told me "It will all be OK!" But I know one day we will spend eternity together and I look forward to that day.

No comments: