December 1, 2008

Carter's Christmas Tree


Well we are gearing up for Christmas around the house these days. Christmas decorations are in the works and I have been so excited to enjoy this season with Carter now that he can comprehend what is going on. At least more than last year. So of course I have planned lots of projects and fun things for us to do as we countdown till Christmas day. Who knows how many things we will really get to but we will try. So on Sunday after family dinner I was trying to get him to string fruit loops with me for his tree upstairs. He could have cared less. So I went about stringing fruit loops so we would have something to put on his tree. His Aunt A was over and I had asked her if she would mind finishing up my strand so I could go get Carter things ready for bed. When I returned to the kitchen, there he was completely focused on stringing fruit loops with his Aunt A, not his Mommy. Things don't always seem to go the way you plan. HAHA!

He let me sit down with him and we had lots of fun. I think he ate more than we strung. So last night we put the strands on his Christmas tree. And all day to day he has treated his Christmas tree like a candy necklace. Every time he walks by it he bites a chunk off. By Christmas morning there may only be a red ribbon left. Oh well its his tree and meant to be fun. It's a great time of year and I look forward to making memories and traditions that he will hold on to forever.








No comments: