This is the smallest of the 4 bedrooms. It will be Collin's room. Nice blue carpet huh?
This is going to be Carter's room. These are the original hard wood floors which we are going to refinish in the entire house.
This is the second bathroom. Tiny and Pink. The boys can have this one and Mommy can have the one with vanity!
I am so excited about the floors. They will be beautiful once they are sanded and stained!
The built in vanity in the large bathroom! Won't it look cute with a small chandelier above it?
This is the dining room looking into the living room.
This is the kitchen. Everything you see will be gutted and replaced.
This is the living room!
And this is the outside. I plan to paint it and add shutters.
Chris and I are so excited about our first home. It is nothing like we thought our first home would be like. We weren't even looking but God was planning this house just for us. As most of you know we are living with my in-laws right now. Next door to them is this run down old house that we have never thought twice about, that is until a couple of months ago. The owner of the house rang the door bell and I answered. He told me that he was selling the house and wanted to know if we were interested. My head started spinning as I thought about the possibility of renovating this old house and the blessing it would to live next door to Chris' parents. So we went and walked through the house later that night. OHHH..... is all I can say. This house was in terrible shape. It was definitely unlivable. As we prayed, talked, brainstormed, and prayed some more things began to fall into place. We were able to buy the house for almost nothing and then take out a construction loan to renovate it. So we have a home. Not one we can live in right now but we have one. So work has begun.... we are so excited about our house. It was built in 1928, has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and is 2200 sq ft. I can't wait to transform this house into my dream cottage home. We are on target to be done in 9 months. We are hiring some of the work to be done but the majority we are doing ourselves. With the help of Grandpa (Chris' stepdad) and all other welcomed volunteers.
For months we have called it the neighbors house. Carter is a little confused as to why it is all of a sudden our house. When people ask him where he lives he will probably say "at the neighbors house." ;) What a joy it is to know in 9 months we will be moving into OUR HOUSE! Oh how great our God is.
2 comments:
Natalie I am sooo excited for your guys. It is going to be absolutely gorgeous when you are finished with it. I cant wait to help you on this FUN project!!
congrats Natalie!! that is so exciting - I'm so happy for you and Chris. You guys are such wonderful people and you definitely deserve it! :D
Post a Comment