Today we made our first adventure to the pool for the summer. My childhood best friend lives at an apartment complex with an amazing pool. It feels like you are at a resort. They have a big shallow end that is only about a foot deep so I just knew that Carter was going to have a great time. It took me 2 hours to get us all dressed, packed, fed, and out the door this morning. I am still trying to get it together. That has been the biggest adjustment about having two kids, trying to get us ready and loaded in the car. We made it to the pool and Collin was napping peacefully in the shade while Carter on the other hand wanted nothing to do with the water. He felt like it would be more fun to throw all the rocks in the water. I finally just picked him up and made him get in. He warmed up to after a little while. Once Kristina (my BFF) started to play catch with him he thought the water was pretty fun after all. So the morning was going well. I was getting a tan, Carter was playing, and Collin was napping. That is until Carter slipped on the step and went under water for a minute. He did not think that was fun. He wanted to get out of the pool after that. Not only did he want to get out of the pool he wanted to let me know about every 10 seconds that he had "fell in the pool". Swimming was over at this point but now Collin was up and ready to eat. I don't know about you but how are you supposed to nurse a baby in a bathing suit without completely exposing yourself to the world. I had a halter top on and it was near impossible. Someone needs to come up with a nursing bathing suit. I finally just gave up and made a trip inside to finish feeding. We were worn out so we packed up to leave. (which takes another 30 minutes)But not without trying to capture a few pictures. You can see below how well that went. None the less, we had fun. It was another adventure in the Mommy World I live in.
The boys and I at the pool, it's near impossible to get a pictures with both of them!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness Collin looks so big. It is so sad to see how quickly they grow out of the newborn stage. Glad I got to see him before he did.
Post a Comment