Feeling guilty for not doing things you know you should have been? Are you feeling guilty for letting your young children spend the entire day in their pajamas, then sleeping in them because it is too hot outside to do anything anyway? What about not answering phone calls from your friends simply because you are not in the mood to talk? Well don't; instead, join us for Not Me! Monday, it was born out of a desire to admit imperfections and reveal a few moments we'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing! When you are finished here, hop on over to My Charming Kids and see what everyone else has not been doing!
I did not forget the cleaning lady was coming this morning forcing me to rush around and find somewhere for the boys and I to go at 8:00am. I did not get into the car and realize that I hadn't brushed my teeth or hair. "Not Me" I wouldn't go out of the house looking like that.
I did not get into my car and Cry because once again Carter pooped in his undies.
I did not put Collin in the bed with me all night because I was too tired to sit in the chair to nurse him.
I did not let our room get completely covered in laundry before I decided to hang it up. "Not Me" I put my laundry up after every load.
I did not wear a tank top to bed and then go the whole next day wearing the same tank top. No, Not me! I have time to shower every morning and put on new clothes.
I did not give Collin a paci that had just fallen out of the car in the street. No, I am to germ conscious to do that.
I did not let Carter watch 3 episodes of Mickey Mouse in a row just so I could get ready in silence.
I did not go to the bank and write the wrong account number on the deposit slip. I am not too sleep deprived to do that.
I did not secretly cry Saturday night while putting Collin to bed because I realized he was two months old. I am not that sappy!
And tonight I am not going to rush through dinner so that I will have enough time to watch The Secret Life of An American Teenager. Surely I don't watch shows that are geared for junior high kids. No, NOT ME!
1 comment:
thats not me either;) i dont know who are you talking about.haha. Oh the joys and frustrations of motherhood ;) Hang in there it only gets better.
Post a Comment