Collin is getting so big and changing so much every day! He is 3 months old and wearing 6-9 month clothes. He is a big boy! He has a sweet, happy spirit and shines his light into my life daily with his sweet smile! These are some pictures I took today as we were spending some time outside on the porch!


When the doctors told me that Collin was born with Amniotic Band Syndrome millions of thoughts and questions flooded my brain. One of them being "What could I have done to cause this?" or "What could I have done to prevent it?" Our doctors here in M-town as well as our doctors at Scottish Rites Children's Hospital reassured Chris and I that there was nothing we could have done to cause this. As much as I wanted to believe them there has still been a small part of me that was burdened with the thought that maybe this was my fault. Well a week or so ago I had found a few minutes in the chaos of our day to sit down and spend some time in God's word. I have not been in a study or reading any specific chapter so I placed my hands on the cover of my bible and asked the Lord to open it up to where he would want me to read. And when you ask you do receive. I opened my bible up to the book of John. Surprisingly the boys continued to nap so I enjoyed the rare time and continued to read. I came to John chapter 9.
As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work, While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
John 9:1-5
Wow! Collin's ABS wasn't because of something I did, it is so that the work of God might be displayed in his life! God really delivered me from that guilt and worry that some how this was my fault. He replaced those feelings with excitement and anticipation for how God is going to use Collin life to glorify his kingdom. Isn't God amazing! We have questions, He has the answers, and they are right in the pages of his word!
1 comment:
Natalie!!! He is so darn cute!!! And what a fatty! I am so glad that you were blessed with your Word time! God knows what we need when we need it doesn't he!
Post a Comment