I have really been praying about how I need to be mothering Carter! He can be difficult, stubborn, strong willed, and exhausting but on the other hand he is sweet, affectionate, and loves to be a helper. He craves attention and it is easy for me to get caught up in the business of my day and not stop long enough to give him that one on one attention he is begging for. Now don't get me wrong I don't think that as a stay at home mom my job is to be my children's playmates. I think I am here to be there mother, take care of our home, and serve this family. So I have been asking God to show me simple and easy ways to give Carter more of my time without it interfering with everything else I have to take care of. And this is what God brought me too! After spending an afternoon in conversation with God about Carter and different ways to show him love and attention I ran across another mother's blog and loved her ideas. She picked a letter each week and revolved their food, activities, and crafts around that letter. I loved the idea and thought it seemed simple enough. It has been a great way for me to be intentional about teaching, loving, and spending purposeful time with Carter. So last week was our first week and our letter was
"A".
Carter started off "A" week with an AMAZING "A" shaped breakfast.
Carter also got to go visit our AWESOME neighbor ANDY for "A" week!
(each week we are going to visit someone we know that's name starts with the letter of the week)
Loved this idea from another blogger, Muffin Tin Munchies!
APPLESAUCE with ANTS (chocolate sprinkles), ALIEN eyes (cucumbers and tomatoes), AN AIRPLANE sandwich, ANIMAL crackers, APPLES, AND ANTS on a log (chocolate chips, peanut butter, and a banana)
AND A pizza with AN ALIEN cup full of APPLE juice
It was
A great week
AND Carter enjoyed all of his
"A" foods and making
AIRPLANES, talking about
ARMY men and so much more. Come back next week to check out what fun things we do for the letter
"B".
No comments:
Post a Comment