This past weekend was Chris' annual company party in Albuquerque, NM. It has always been such a fun weekend to be away, dress up, and relax. Since Nana and Papa were going out of town for their wedding anniversary, Mimi was coming in town to watch the boys. All along I didn't feel good about leaving Collin at home. I knew that my mom could handle it (after all she did have 4 kids of her own) but I didn't think that I could. So last minute, on Thursday, I started making phone calls to try and find a babysitter for the night of the party. I told Chris that I just couldn't leave Collin at home. He was too young for me to be away from him that long. So it all worked out. The resort we stayed at had a babysitting service that came to our room the night of the party. Collin took his first plane ride this past weekend and was a champ. He did perfect and I was so glad we were able to take him along.
His first plane ride....
Me and my Honey!
All dressed up, the night of the party!
( I like to call it our adult prom...)
Collin and Daddy in our hotel
Collin looking out the window, we were on our way home...
Carter had a great weekend with his Mimi. He had lots of sugar and played hard. I guess that is what Mimi's are good for. We were glad to get home to see him as well. Carter has been so sad lately about his Daddy always being gone. He came to the bottom of the stairs the other night while he was supposed to be in bed. He was sitting there crying and when I asked what was wrong he told me "I'm sad." I asked him why he was sad and he burst into tears saying "I wan my Daddy!" Oh, it broke my heart. I will be so glad when Chris is done with school. I can't stand for Carter to be "sad". He loves his Daddy so much. I'm so grateful that they have such a wonderful relationship and it will be much better when Daddy is there for bedtime again. One more year, we can do it.
Collin is doing great! He has two teeth!!!! Can you believe that? He sleeps well and is such a happy baby! He is 4 months old this month and changing so fast. He has his well check on Thursday. I am curious to find out how much he weighs. I will let you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment