Ok so the grocery store has always been a nightmare for me. I always spend too much and most of the time don't even get everything I need. HB is always frustrated with me and it seems to be this issue that never goes away nor do I know what to do about it. When Puddin was a baby I heard a woman speak at some function about using coupons and I was blown away by the savings she accumulated as well as how many things she ended up getting free. With us getting ready to move into the house soon our budget is about to get really tight! HB and I have even considered me teaching preschool a couple days a week or watching kids to make some extra money. A friend of mine told me about a friend of hers or cut her grocery bill more than half by using coupons. After saving up coupons the last couple of weeks and reading other mother's blogs online, today was my first day to give it a try! I had to change my mind set from buying what I need that week to buying what is on sale and stocking up on it! So Walgreens was my first store. Check out how I did!!!!

2 packages of Huggies newborn diapers
1 package of Huggies Little Swimmers
2 45ct Dixie paper plates
1 ramen noodle (I had to use this as a filler)
5 cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce
4 Women's Dove deodorants
1 Mens Degree deodorant
1 Lg bottle of Contact solution
1 Goody headband
1 Goody barrette pack
Total before any coupons or sale: $105.09
Grand Total: $35.35
Plus a $3 register reward to use on my next purchase!
This is so exciting to me, I feel like I have had an adrenaline rush all morning! I can't wait to find out how to save at Albertsons and Target! This is my first go round so I'm hoping to learn more, save more, and bless my family by saving money!
P.S. These newborn diapers are not for me ;) They are a gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment