December 13, 2008

The Verdict Is In!

Well Thursday I went back to the neurologist to get the results from the MRI. It was normal. Praise God for that. Expecting to receive an answer to what that meant, I was surprised at her response. I don't know. I don't know what caused your legs to do that, I don't know if the symptoms will return, I don't know if it is related to the lesion from before, I don't know. We will just have to wait and see what happens after I have the baby. To see if the symptoms return or if anything new starts. If it does then she said we will do more MRI's at that time. I have to be honest I left her office in tears. Tears of frustration. We have been on this crazy roller coaster ride for 6 months, spent lots of money, lots of time, and lots of concern, to end with a big I don't know. I was relieved that I didn't walk out of her office with a life changing diagnosis but I didn't feel like anything had been resolved. Carter and I drove back home that afternoon and I had lots of time to think about it all. And in all things we should be praising God, and in this I will too. I will count it a blessing and pray that we won't go through this again. We are going to trust that God knows why all this happened and he knows if it will happen again. So I'm so thankful that we can put this all on the back burner for the time being and focus on the blessings in our life. It is freeing to be able to focus on the great things going on with my body instead of all the other. So we are going to turn our focus to the precious baby boy inside of me and try not to worry about the unknowns! Thank you to everyone for all your prayers, this has been a challenging time and we are so glad to get a break from it all.

No comments: