I feel like a terrible Mother because I haven't blogged about Carter in so long! He stays so busy that catching his picture is near impossible! This past weekend we went over to my childhood best friends house for a play-date with her son. Her parent's live directly across the street from my grandmother's old house. That is how the two of us became friends. She moved in when I was 3 and she was 4. My Mimi lived in that house up until 3 year ago. I have so many memories in that house! Its amazing how a structure can hold such a sweet place in your heart! When I parked in front of Kristina's house I sat in my car for awhile and just stared at my Mimi's house. I remember riding my bike up and down the sidewalk, having lemonade stands on the corner, and getting stung by a yellow jacket when I stuck my hand in the front porch bushes! After the babies played for awhile Carter was begging me to let him ride his bike. So I got his bike out and he rode up and down the sidewalk. It was such a surreal moment watching my child ride his bike down the same sidewalk that I used to. It made me feel old and it was a reminder of how fast time goes by! I know somewhere I have pictures of myself riding in front of my Mimi's house and now I have pictures of Carter riding in the same place!
No comments:
Post a Comment