June 1, 2010

Do you know what June 1 is?

June 1st is opening day for registration for the Dallas White Rock Marathon that will take place on December 5th. Hub's and I have decided that this year we will be participating in the half marathon. The Dallas Whiterock Marathon's main beneficiary is Texas Scottish Rites Hospital for Children which is also where Collin is a patient and will have surgery this fall. Collin's future surgeries as well as all his doctor appointments are completely free to us because Scottish Rites operates fully off of donations. Families are never charged nor their insurance billed for any care that you receive there. We are so excited to raise money for this hospital as a way to give back for everything they have done and are going to do for Collin and other children who need there care! This summer I will be sending a newsletter out about how to participate with us for "Team Collin"!  You can run with us (half or full marathon), come to Dallas to cheer us on, donate in Collin's honor, or just buy a T-shirt as a way to support us from wherever you are! I will also be setting up a separate website to inform you of everything race related! If you are interested in being apart of "Team Collin" in any capacity please email me here to make sure I have your contact information and when we send out our newsletter I will make sure you are included! If you already know you are running with us on December 5, I wanted to let you know that registration is officially open.  You can find out more about the race and registration here. This race does completely sell out every year! If you are going to register this early shoot me an email so I can give you the registration instructions to be on our team. I am in the process of getting our fundraising page active so I will have more info soon! We are so excited and can't wait to form "Team Collin"!

No comments: